menu
 
(0)
 
History of New Bedford Volume 2 1918
by Pease, Zeph. W. (Zephaniah Walter), B., Lewis Historical Publishing Co

Overview -
This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can usually download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 2012-01-10 edition. Excerpt: ...Privates, seventy-seven. The company performed their three months' term of enlistment in honor, rendered effective service and was mustered out of the service at Boston, July 22, 1861. In October, 1861, Company D, Twenty-third Regiment Massachusetts Infantry, was recruited in New Bedford, most of the men of the company being residents of the city. When they departed the officers of the company were: Cornelius Howland, Jr., captain; Samuel C. Hart, first lieutenant; Anthony Lang, second lieutenant. The Twenty-third saw hard service, and inscribed upon their regimental battle flag are the battles of Roanoke, Newbern, Rawles Mills, Kinston, Goldsboro, Wilcox Bridge, Newton, Smithfield, Heckman's Farm, Arrowfield Church, Drury's Bluff and Cold Harbor. They were mustered out at Readville, July 12, 1865. The Fifth Battery was the outgrowth of the artillery company organized at New Bedford for coast defense in the summer of 1861. A large proportion of its officers and men were New Bedford citizens, and when the battery left for the front the following New Bedford men were its officers: Max Eppendorf, captain; John B. Hyde, first lieutenant; Robert A. Dillingham, second lieutenant; Timothy W. Terry, quartermaster-sergeant. The battery armament was four rifled six-pounders and two twelvepounders, all of which were exchanged in 1862 for three-inch guns. The battery was one of the fighting units of the Army of the Potomac, and by orders from headquarters was authorized to emblazon on its flag: Yorktown, Hanover Court House, Mechanicsville, Gaines Mills, Malvern Hill, Second Bull Run, Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, Gettysburg, Rappahannock Station, Mine Run, Wilderness, Spottsylvania, North Anna, Bethesda Church, Petersburgh, Weldon Railroad...

  Read Full Product Description
 
Softcover
$22.82

In Stock with our New/Used Market Vendor. Allow up to 30 days for delivery. Tracking is not available for this item.

FREE Shipping is not available for this item.help

 
 

Seller Information

Rare Reprints
Fremont, CA, USA

 
 
 

More About History of New Bedford Volume 2 1918 by Pease, Zeph. W. (Zephaniah Walter), B., Lewis Historical Publishing Co
 
 
 
Overview

This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can usually download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 2012-01-10 edition. Excerpt: ...Privates, seventy-seven. The company performed their three months' term of enlistment in honor, rendered effective service and was mustered out of the service at Boston, July 22, 1861. In October, 1861, Company D, Twenty-third Regiment Massachusetts Infantry, was recruited in New Bedford, most of the men of the company being residents of the city. When they departed the officers of the company were: Cornelius Howland, Jr., captain; Samuel C. Hart, first lieutenant; Anthony Lang, second lieutenant. The Twenty-third saw hard service, and inscribed upon their regimental battle flag are the battles of Roanoke, Newbern, Rawles Mills, Kinston, Goldsboro, Wilcox Bridge, Newton, Smithfield, Heckman's Farm, Arrowfield Church, Drury's Bluff and Cold Harbor. They were mustered out at Readville, July 12, 1865. The Fifth Battery was the outgrowth of the artillery company organized at New Bedford for coast defense in the summer of 1861. A large proportion of its officers and men were New Bedford citizens, and when the battery left for the front the following New Bedford men were its officers: Max Eppendorf, captain; John B. Hyde, first lieutenant; Robert A. Dillingham, second lieutenant; Timothy W. Terry, quartermaster-sergeant. The battery armament was four rifled six-pounders and two twelvepounders, all of which were exchanged in 1862 for three-inch guns. The battery was one of the fighting units of the Army of the Potomac, and by orders from headquarters was authorized to emblazon on its flag: Yorktown, Hanover Court House, Mechanicsville, Gaines Mills, Malvern Hill, Second Bull Run, Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, Gettysburg, Rappahannock Station, Mine Run, Wilderness, Spottsylvania, North Anna, Bethesda Church, Petersburgh, Weldon Railroad...

This item is fulfilled by our new and used marketplace. For more information, view our glossary of terms and abbreviations.
 
Details
  • PID: 14896505959
  • Publisher: Facsimile Publisher
  • Seller: Rare Reprints
    Condition: New in New jacket
    Notes: Lang: -eng, Vol: -Volume 2, Pages 434. It is the reprint edition of the original edition which was published long back (1918). The book is printed in black on high quality paper with Matt Laminated colored dust cover. We found this book important for the readers who want to know more about our old treasure so we brought it back to the shelves. We tried to manage the best possible copy but in some cases, there may be some pages which are blur or missing or with black spots. We expect that you will understand our compulsion in these books. Print on Demand.