God Loves a Heart on Fire
What can move your faith from a principle you learn to a passion you experience? According to Samuel Rodriguez and Dr. Robert Crosby, the answer might be found in a surprising place: the Latino church. As the fastest growing minority in America, Latinos are impacting church culture through vibrant worship, fervent prayer, and a commitment to change the world--one soul at a time. As a follower of Jesus, has your soul been truly set afire? Christian leaders are witnessing a remarkable phenomenon, kindled first in the Latino/Hispanic community and spreading like wildfire throughout the global church. Latinos are much discussed in the United States for their dynamic political and socioeconomic impact, but not as much is said about their spiritual influence. In reality the effects of the Latino church are more akin to a spiritual awakening than a mere social trend. And there is so much all believers can learn from Latino Christ-followers. At the core of this dramatic shift is a call to embrace a more soulful, passionate faith. In this powerful book, Christians will gain valuable insights on how to: - fully experience the joy of God and the passion of His Spirit
- develop a true sense of unity amidst diversity in the body of Christ
- make an eternal impact on their families, communities, and the world Complete with discussion questions for individual reflection or small group use, this timely work will challenge the status quo of passionless Christianity and set the believer's soul ablaze. "When Faith Catches Fire is both an exploration and a celebration of the 'salsafication' of the church....God will use it in splendid ways."
-John Ortberg, senior pastor and author of All the Places to Go "The passionate fire from the heart of this book will serve as a rallying cry to all Latinos and beyond."
-Ronnie Floyd, senior pastor, past president of the Southern Baptist Convention
- ISBN-13: 9780735289680
- ISBN-10: 0735289689
- Publisher: Waterbrook Press
- Publish Date: June 2017
- Dimensions: 8.2 x 5.4 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.4 pounds
- Page Count: 240